Young Audience Development
Since 1994, Young Audience Development presentations of WJT mainstage plays have brought live theatre to over 20,000 students. Each Young Audience presentation includes a talk-back session with the actors and study guides for teachers.
We will be presenting student matinees of The Whipping Man in May, 2017. For more information, please call the theatre at (204) 477-7515.
In 2015-16, WJT began a partnership with ACI Manitoba, where an emerging artist is given a mentorship opportunity at WJT. The mentee works alongside our Artistic Director to play a role in the development of our season while gaining valuable professional experience. We have also supported emerging artists as apprentices on our individuals productions. For more information on how to become a mentee or apprentice with WJT, please contact us.
New Play Development
WJT is committed to producing new plays in development and plays a vital role in the development of aspiring Manitoban and Canadian playwrights.
We been involved in the development of the following new plays:
- Double Cheese Planet by Hanoch Reim
- Going Home by Hanoch Reim and Sharon Bajer
- The Year of the Flood by Howard Wiseman
- Cote Saint Joe by Daniel Libman
- The Tower by Holly Harris
- Kindertransport by Diane Samuels
- League of Nathans by Jason Sherman
- None is too Many by Jason Sherman
- The Always Prayer Shawl by Sheldon Oberman
- The Escape by Carol Matas
- Pop! by David Gale
- Plenty Room by Liza Balkan
- Louie’s Dilemma by Alex Poch-Goldin
- Scrabble from The Apple by Sharon Bajer
- Talk by Michael Nathanson
- Some Things You Keep by Alix Sobler
- The Father adapted by Julie Tepperman
- Good Intentions by Ginny Collins
- Sheltered by Alix Sobler
- The Boy Genius by Sara Arenson
- The Girl Beneath My Feet by Leigh-Anne Kehler